Plunging into various phases and modes, I go through many of these. Some sensible, some not and some that should be kept to myself. For instance, Earring Mode. It is when I ditch all other accessories and stick only with Earrings. Until I unknowingly and slowly slip into the other phase, there’s only splurging and drooling over Earrings. Now and then, the temporary phase kicks in when I hate to shampoo my hair. [Yeah, I should have probably kept that to myself.] Anywho, with this year already soaring to its fullest, and my plates filled with projects, personal concepts, gigs, travel plans etc., I have been as busy as a bee. Busier than I could ever have imagined. So much so that, that a power nap of 20 minutes ends up in missing four important calls. Shifting to Mars just for that extra 40 minutes doesn’t sound like a bad idea to me. However, there is no hint of complain in the chatter and gabber here, because this is what I always asked for, days swamped with things I love doing. The only thing at risk amidst all this beautiful and much wanted hurly-burly is, Health. Every second conversation with my dearest dad is mostly about how health and happiness comes before all. While you might have just the life and career you always dreamt of, nothing beats the joy of being able to sleep in peace and maintain that happy glow on the face. While I sip on my second cup of coffee today since morning, the kidney beans are soaked, while the lettuce and other veggies lay in the freeze, for my evening salad, the last meal of the day.
After a long struggle, I have successfully made a few pointers to remember everyday, no matter what. Jotting down a few things here that help me get through my hectic days.
– Start your day with a glass of warm water with lemon squeezed in it. It’s special great for acne prone skin like mine. Drink a lot of regular water through out the day, specially when there is a major risk that we might run out of clean water very soon. No, seriously.
– Meditating for at least 10-15 minutes would be a long term investment in your health. Would be easy to say goodbye to the anxiety and panic that we all deal with because of the work load.
– Do not miss out on breakfasts. A healthy one, with fruits, will keep you going for an entire day. The days I miss my breakfast are the gloomiest ones. I like gloomy weather, not the gloomy feeling.
– A bunch of fresh flowers around liven up the mood, whether you work from home like me, who gets the walls or the laptop screen to stare at or you work at an office filled with a few people you could gawk at.
– Two-Three cups of coffee at intervals after noon keeps me on my toes till I am exhausted and hit the bed. Keeps me miles away from that drowsy afternoon phase which usually ends up in a long siesta leading up to time loss and ultimately questioning my existence.
– A brownie or cup cake a day with coffee won’t do no harm, and will make life only sweeter.
– Try cooking a meal a day despite the busy schedule. It has proven to be a major stress buster for me in the last one year. It’s art, like fashion, layering and combining the best of things in your own style.
Concluding that the coffee-cooking phase is going to be around, I am going for the third cup right now. It’s been a long day, and there are still some leftovers on my To-Do list.
Conceptualisation, Art Direction and Post Production : Me
Photography : Praveen Achary